Sunday 14 March 2010

Lian

Shop 2004, Podium Level 2, IFC Mall, Central
tel. 2521 1117

This was the second time  I have been there, and it did not disappoint.  This is Thai/Vietnamese fusion food at its best.  I always over-order, and then I always over-eat.  It can't be helped.  The flavours are so lovely, I keep putting the food in my mouth, even though I am long full.

Pomelo salad to start


Tangy, flavourful and gone in about 50 seconds.

The avocado and soft-shell crab wraps are lovely.  These are also made at Nahm, where I think they are slightly better, only because the sauce is better.  And it's all about the sauce.


The grilled pork neck is the best of the dishes.  Tender and melt-in-your-mouth.


And, finally, the seafood curry. 


At first glance, I was a bit doubtful.  The presentation is not really there, and it just looks like a big pile of gloop.  But it tastes great.  We ate the whole thing.

The first time I went to Lian, we sat at one of the big tables, where diners all sit together.  This time, we had our own little table.  I think I prefer sitting at the big table, as there is a nice little pond-thing with lotus plants.  It's all very Zen and fusion-y.

Rating:  3

No comments:

Post a Comment