Sunday 14 March 2010

Pierre

25F, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, 5 Connaught Road, Central
tel. 2825 4001

.....Interesting.

The dishes are all presented in separate little bowls and plates.  For example, my king prawn starter:


I'm not sure what the reasoning was (presentation?  keeping the sauces from running together?), but the king prawns were incredible.  The other bits, not so much.  I did steal the beetroot and spinach mousse from one of my dining companions, who wasn't so keen on beetroot.  Or spinach.  But I thought they were fantastic.  Each on its own, and a bit of each on my fork.

The lamb


was nice, too.  Again presented in separate little plates and bowls.  I'm one of those people who like to have a little bit of each thing on my fork (not like children who like to eat things separately!).  So this made it a bit difficult.  But I managed, without spilling things all over the table, and it tasted great.

However.  I am still in love with Petrus.

Michelin Rating:  One star
Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment