Sunday 14 March 2010

Nino's Cozinha

5/F, QRE Plaza, 202 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai
tel.  2866 1868

This place started out on the wrong foot.  First thing - bread was served: the lovely, unleavened, crispy type.  But the strange thing was:
.....but no butter.  Hmmmm.

Service started off very slow.  I was thirsty and it took ages for the water to get to the table.

Everything seemed to be out - no clams, no octopus....and those seemed to be the basis for about half the menu.

Finally, some dishes were chosen that were available.  But I was starting to lose confidence.

Then a looooong time passed.

Then, a dish.


Perfectly done squid, lovely and tangy-spicy.

Then fish croquettes
It came with four pieces, actually, but they were so good, one went quickly.

Then Portugese fried rice.  I don't know what they put in it, but it was delicious.


And finally, Feijoada

The best EVER dish.  Melt-in-your mouth meat.  I could have had this all to myself.

For dessert, Serradura, which was described in the menu as some kind of frozen milk with crumbled biscuits.  I was a little doubtful, but the waiter said it was very Portugese, so I went for it.


It doesn't look like much, but boy, was it yummy.


By the end of the meal, Nino's totally redeemed itself.  I need to go back when they have the octupus and clams - if they were out of them, they must be good!

Rating:  4

No comments:

Post a Comment