Wednesday 13 January 2010

Beautiful Shanghai Restaurant

Units 25, 12/F MegaBox, Kowloon
tel. 2629 5099
Shop L304, The Arcade, 100 Cyberport Road
tel. 2989 6120

Hairy crab season was good to me.

Beautiful Shanghai is just a hop-skip-and-jump away from my home.  And oooh, does it have some beautiful stuff.

The xiao long bao is probably the best I have had so far in HK.  So much so that I am happy to have a couple of orders of it, plus maybe the steamed wontons with chili sauce and the braised eggplant/aubergine, for my meal.

And during hairy crab season (November til mid-December), they had a few special dishes.  The hairy crab xiao long bao was heaven.  My friend Kathy was visiting for a couple of weeks, and as her last meal in HK she requested we return to Beautiful Shanghai for some of those hairy crab xiao long bao (my direct translation into English is:"little balls of heaven").  I had to stop her from talking while I ate them, as I had a few 'moments'....

Rating:  4

No comments:

Post a Comment