Wednesday 13 January 2010

N.V. Nail Spa

Shop 214, China Merchants Tower, Shun Tak Center, 200 Connaught Road, Central
tel.  2499 8889

I finally broke down and got gel nails done.

Although it is a bit high maintenance of me, I like to think that it is actually low maintenance.  It means I only have to get my nails done once every 2-3 weeks, and then I don't have to worry about them at all in the interim.  Before I did it, I had to give myself a manicure every week, cutting, filing, de-cuticling....and that was without polish.  If I wanted to have polish, I would be lucky to have it last 3 days without chipping and looking ratty; and as I hate having scraggly nails, I would end up taking off the polish and perhaps re-applying it.

SO.  Now that I have fully justified my getting gel nails, I have to say, this place is great.  I found it by just walking past and peeping in.  The ladies were having a slow day (Christmas Eve) and I just went for it.

The quality of the nail work is very high - they take off most of the previous gel and then apply new gel each time.  The shape and thickness of the nail is so good that most people just think I have nail polish on my incredibly beautifully kept up nails.  The price (package only) is commensurate with other high quality nail salons.

Downsides:  the time it takes to do it - 1 1/2  to 2 hours;  you only get the good pricing if you purchase a package, which means you are locked into going there for almost a year.

Rating:  3

No comments:

Post a Comment