Friday 15 January 2010

Marc James

Room 1605 - 08, 16/F, Horizon Plaza, 2 Lee Wing Street, Ap Lei Chau
tel. 2189 7476

Some fantastic stuff here.  Marc carries a wide range of furniture inspired by 20th century icons.  Furniture is inspired by several Eames models, Panton, Hans Wegner, Tulip chairs and tables (tables in both marble and wood finishes).  He also stocks some original Alessi and other accessories.  The quality is superb - you would have to be an expert to notice any difference between his items and the originals that inspire them.

Marc has both leather and pleather available for the upholstered chairs, and the leather is fantastic quality that matches the iconic originals.

The only downsides are the time frame for delivery (8 weeks) and the actual delivery service.  I paid HK$400 for delivery charges to a flat with no lift, and then when the delivery guy got there, he refused to carry the items up the stairs.  When I spoke to the dispatcher, she informed me that if I didn't pay him a further HK$300, he would bring the items back to the warehouse.  Of course I had to give in to their blackmail as I had already waited 8 weeks and who knew how long it would be before I would have finally gotten the items if I hadn't paid.  But when I complained to the salesperson, it didn't seem to matter to them.

I would recommend Marc James for the quality of the goods, but beware the length of delivery time and make sure you live in a flat with a lift for the crappy deliveryman.

Rating:  3 for quality, 0 for service

No comments:

Post a Comment